At Active Family & Sports Chiropractic we strive to address each patient's needs and develop a treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and goals. Each patient is unique and treatment plans will vary, this is why we allot a minimum of 60 minutes of 1-on-1 time with the doctor during your first visit.
What to Expect During Your First Visit
During your first visit the doctor will review your intake forms and take a detailed history including discussing your family and social history as well as a complete review of systems. Next a thorough physical examination will be performed consisting of orthopedic, neurological and special tests if needed. Depending on the problem, the doctor may find it necessary to perform x-rays, other advanced imaging or lab work. X-rays are taken in-house with our digital x-ray system. All advanced imaging, MRI, CT, bone scans etc are referred to Outpatient Diagnostic Center of Knoxville. After the examination the doctor will discuss any pertinent findings, and recommend an appropriate treatment plan. If the doctor feels that your problem cannot be effectively managed with chiropractic or other conservative treatment alone, we will refer you for co-management with the appropriate medical provider. Most patients receive treatment the same day as the examination.
How to Prepare for Your Visit
- Try to arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment to allow us time to process your initial paperwork.
- Bring a photo ID, insurance card, method of payment.
- If you have any recent imaging, labs etc. that pertain to your current problem bring them with you.
- Dress in comfortable clothes, or bring a change of clothes if needed.
- Most new patient visits last for ~1 hour, follow visits vary patient to patient from 15-60 minutes.